This pinched tip design is a classic tribute to the legends of ages gone by. The Whale's Tail is not just a gorgeous piece of functional art - it's a serious hunting throwstick designed for straight flights out to at least 70 meters - 90 meters.
The centered weight distribution allows for this larger stick to be handled with greater ease, making this model great for beginners. Historically this shape was chosen because it enhanced durability, which was important with hardwoods. This is still true in our modern design and so this is our top pick for a longer ranged stick that will be used in environments where it may encounter and strike a lot of trees. See the video review in our reviews section below for more on the durability of the Whale's Tail. If you're in the forest and want something that should do well, this is our top pick.
The S. Queensland, NW NSW style boomerangs are among the most beautiful in history. They were high performing as well and featured numerous incised designs carved on their upper surfaces. They were commonly finished dark with charcoal grease and often featured pinched tips. This one is our own design and features a single ribbon carved in the shape of three whale's tails on the upper surface.
This is a beautiful stick to throw and it looks fantastic on the wall as well. The buffed finish on dark faux hardwood feels and looks like a fine piece of genuine old world craftsmanship, making this perhaps our most beautiful model. Also available in buffed black finish
THE WHALE'S TAIL Pinched Tip Boomerang
- Hand crafted from tough polycarbonate
- Approx. 680mm/26.75" x 370g/13oz
- Potential hunting range is approx. 65 meters for skilled throwers.
- Total range is approx. 70-90 meters / 76-98 yards (individual results may vary)
- Stable, forgiving platform
- Mid sized tapered grip for fast, snappy release
- Pinched tips offer comfortable grips with historic, semi-pointed ends
- Beautiful incised upper surfaces in our own take on an ancient style
- Symmetrical airfoil feels light in hand for the amount of weight being thrown
- Available right or left handed