PThe Stinger is our entry level hunting boomerang. It is designed to be a last ditch survival tool for short range small game hunting, clearing brittle brush and digging. One tool to do it all....Lacking many of the aerodynamic refinements and ergonomics of our higher end models, but in exchange, featuring sharply pointed ends..., the Stinger is a formidable flying weapon for those who are limited on space or who are looking for a multi-tool backup weapon to add to their kit.Shorter range sticks are less likely to hover out and be lost in the distance, and so possibly more ideal when targets are presenting very close up or when working in darker environments. Being short in length, it's also an excellent choice for tight spaces in the forest where a longer stick can become entangled in brush.The Stinger is fully ambidextrous and it offers a variety of throwing options and techniques to master. From vertical knife like throws at short range, to horizontal throws held by either arm. The trailing arm hold offers more float at lower speeds and is our recommended technique.A smooth and accurate release from the tapered grip allows for fantastic accuracy for strong hands, but retention is more difficult than with other models for the same reason. Concentrating grip strength towards the smaller fingers which are wrapping around the tip of the stick allows for best results.As our entry level model, the Stinger is not a long ranged kylie. It will not magically retain energy and level flights for extreme ranges like some of our other models. But if you are working with limited space, limited budget, or want a kylie as a backup to your other gear, then this is a great multi-tool to acquire.In the video we show the Stringer being used to aid in climbing. It has proven to be very effective at this but please note that there are dangers to this and we do not recommend this practice. The pointed ends can create a stabbing hazard, climbing is inherently dangerous, and it should not be relied upon to navigate difficult terrain or as a reliable earth anchor. Also because of the pointed ends, this is not the recommended stick to take while on horseback or running, as a falling incident could prove injurious.ainted with or without white stripes in one of 3 color choices: Faux Desert Hardwood, Black, or Hunter's Orange.
Hand crafted from tough, black polycarbonate
- Approx. 580mm/22.875" x 315g/11.1oz
- Potential hunting range out to approx. 30-50 meters for skilled throwers
- Total travel distance of approx. 60-85 meters / 65-93 yards (individual results may vary)
- Fully ambidextrous and can be thrown by either arm for different effects
- Universal tapered "ice-pick" grip to accommodate almost all throwers. Strong grip strength recommended for best results.
- Mid wing grip area is a useful dig/carry handle and aids in secure belt carry retention
- Vertical knife style throwing possible at very short range
- Ideal for short range small game hunting and target throwing
- Ideal when space is limited, and as a multi-tool
- Not a long range kylie. Tuned for short range only.