We designed "The Karli" model as a fun, light weight distance achiever which can get a thrower into a fluted stick at an attractive price point. Opened elbow fluted sticks like this seem to ride a groove when they fly. Based in the designs of some of the shorter and lighter weight central desert throwsticks that were used historically for small game, we have developed something which is optimized for long range sport oriented throwers and feels pleasant to throw at high speeds. There is one proviso: It prefers a fast, snappy release and good spin to stabilize the ultra flat, long range flights. This makes it is a good instructor on proper technique and once mastered it is an easy and beautiful flyer. It will not forgive poor wrist alignment or a poorly executed spin, but it will definitely reward those who do it right. The karli model is less head wind tolerant than some of the other models due to the more shallow bend in the elbow, but it takes a lot of abuse and flies beautifully. Be careful you don't lose it in the distance....
THE KARLI (Single Color)
- Hand crafted from tough black polycarbonate
- Approx. 632mm/24.9" x 332g/11.7oz
- Ideal for the sport thrower, the small game hunter, or anyone who just wants to have fun!
- Potential flock hunting range out to approx. 80 meters for skilled throwers
- Total range is approx. 85-105 meters / 93-114 yards (individual results may vary)
- Mid sized grip for a snappy, fast release
- Excellent straight flights
- Our most versatile and accessible kylie to a range of throwers
- Standard model is right handed (see our Whale's Tail Kylie for left handed throwers)
- Soft tuning available (made to order so please inquire via email on availability)